Learn more about our response to COVID-19 below:
- We remain open for our families but are unable to accept new families to our residential shelters at this time due to infection prevention and safety measures.
- The pandemic has impacted over one-third of our workforce requiring them to be on 14-day self quarantine.
- We are providing three meals per day, seven days a week, to 210 shelter residents plus employees, tripling our food budget.
- Our essential employees remain onsite caring for our families. Leadership has adopted a staggered schedule to continue supporting our essential direct care staff in this time of need.
- In partnership with Corcoran Management, we have implemented cleaning protocols to be completed every 4-6 hours in order to keep our employees and families safe.
- Our residential programs have adopted virtual support systems to assist our families offsite with clinical support, case management, and searches for permanent housing.
- Our need for personal protective equipment continues to grow as equipment is on backorder, while we provide what we have onsite to our 210 residents and 115 employees.
- Our education and employment programs and GRLZradio have pivoted their offerings virtual, continuing to provide workforce development, adult education, and peer-to-peer communication of COVID-19 prevention and self-care to 100+ women and teen youth across Boston.