St. Mary’s Center for Women and Children supports the mission of empowering communities through education, awareness and advocacy. Our talented staff encourage all on their journey of life-long learning, while creating a supportive environment to foster personal growth.
Women’s Learning Center – Earn your High School Equivalency Diploma
- Monday to Thursday, 9:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Courses: Reading, Writing, Math, Science, and Social Studies
- May include tutoring, free practice tests, and test vouchers
- Fridays 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Career Pathways program
You Graduated, Now What?
The Education and Employment team can help you with:
- Job Search Services
- College & Career Exploration
- Women@Work Plus – Transitional Employment Training
- Roxbury Community College’s Destination: College program
Women@Work Plus is a transitional employment training program (ages 18+).
Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Six month, full-time program
- Certificate in Medical Terminology
- Twelve week PAID internship
- Classes in Professional Communications, Computer Skills/Typing, Job Readiness, and Professional Development
- Intensive job search services (resume, cover letter, mock interviews, networking, & job applications)
- Fourteen week college exploration program with Roxbury Community College
- Graduate internship opportunities available
- Bilingual support available for Spanish-speakers
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Corcoran Property Management
- Franciscan Children’s Hospital
- New England Center for Arts and Technology
- RCAB Pastoral Center
- St. Mary’s Center – Information Technology Department
- St. Mary’s Center – HealthWorks
- Steward Carney Hospital
- University of Massachusetts – Boston
New Session Begins January 2017